Things are happening in Hendon! This diverse and well connected area of North West London already has a lot to offer, with picturesque local green spaces, great local amenities and highly rated schools. However, new investment and regeneration is making Hendon more attractive than ever before, both for first time buyers and those looking to upsize without moving out of the capital.
Playing a key part in this is The Rushgroves, an exciting new 387-home development from leading property developer L&Q featuring studio, one, two and three bed apartments, as well as duplexes and four bed triplexes.
January has seen the first properties at The Rushgroves go on sale, as well as the launch of the #HelloHendon campaign asking residents to share what it is they love about Hendon.
So why should potential buyers consider Hendon and what is it that the local community particularly enjoy about the area?
- Excellent transport links – The Rushgroves development is located on Edgware Road, providing easy access in and out of Central London. Those working in London and beyond will be pleased to know that it takes just 16 minutes to get to central London by train from Hendon. King’s Cross is just over a 15 minute journey on the Northern Line from Hendon Central, which also has connections to Thameslink services. The whole area is well served by tubes, trains and buses. Beyond the extensive public transport options, The North Circular and M1 are less than a 10 minute drive away.
- Parks and green open spaces – Living in Hendon means you can relax and unwind from city life by enjoying an array of open green spaces. In fact, The Rushgroves design is inspired by the natural ecology of the local area – its apartment building facades emulate the form and layering of the reeds found on the local Silk Stream and the Welsh Harp.
- Amenities, facilities and things to do – Hendon is well served by shops, cafés and restaurants. Brent Cross Shopping Centre with 120 stores is on your doorstep, and Hendon Town Centre provides plenty of shopping facilities and eateries for locals. There are some great weekend activity options too, for all different ages – of particular note in the local area is the Royal Air Force Museum, great for a family day out with a difference. For sports fans, Wembley Stadium and Allianz Park are both within 15 minutes’ drive away, and Hendon Golf Club offers an 18 hole, 6289 yard, par 70 course for the weekend.
- Great quality education – Hendon has an array of highly rated schools and colleges, with The Hyde School, rated as Outstanding by Ofsted, making the area a popular choice for young families. For those looking for further education, Middlesex University is one of the top 500 universities in the world according to the Times Higher Education World University rankings – the only modern London University to feature.
- Community at its heart – When speaking to local residents about Hendon, their pride for where they live is always clear to see. Located in the London Borough of Barnet, Hendon offers a vibrant and diverse community with a great atmosphere. A mixture of different ages and cultures all live and work in the area which makes Hendon a friendly and popular place to live. The Rushgroves will provide new homes and communal spaces building on the existing community in Hendon.
The Rushgroves provides prospective buyers with the opportunity to become part of this dynamic community, and the #HelloHendon campaign highlights the greatest features of the area from the locals who know best.